Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Oh my goodness!!! the holiday season has come and gone. I was reminded today that I hadn't blogged in a bit so I figured I'd better get on it. But what can I say, life does that sometimes. My Christmas holiday was turned upside down and twisted right and left. First I had Grinchella on my back and she was hard to shake. I wasn't entirely sure why I felt so down. Usually the holidays find me bubbly and cheerful. I think it was because we really didn't decorate the house much at all. Our plans were to go to Chattanooga, TN and spend Christmas with hubby's sister. So why put up all of the lights and dazzle if you aren't going to be here... right? Well, the trip got canceled due to some unexpected car repairs and husband admitted he wasn't feeling well. The car we can deal with but the last thing you want is to end up sick in a foreign country. Opps, I did say Chattanooga. So now everything is toppled over. Did that mean I had to cook dinner. Darn. I tried the lets do something different and go out to dinner. He actually went for it. Too bad not a single restaurant was going to be open. I think it was a trick. The holiday turned out to be rather nice. My sister and I was summoned to the old neighborhood for a little get together on Christmas eve. Wow, that was fun. The old neighborhood looked the same. Are we really the only ones who changed, moved away. I think so. Our old house was still there, the elementry school and local corner store. Just thinking about it now almost brings nostalgic tears to my eyes. We had a good childhood. Yes we did. But what about the future. What does the new year bring? I stopped making resolutions a long time ago but I would like to put a few personal betterment ideas out there. I've got to get back into the exercise mode. I did really good last year when I was training for the 60 mile walk. I walked 6 days a week to train. I'm gonna get back in that mode. I've got to get back into the major author mode as well. Promo, write, promo and write some more. So it's out there for all to see and hear. I'M GONNA DO IT. What do you have on your agenda for 2011. Lets do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment