Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grinchella

Deep down I do believe that Santa Claus is not a menace to society as stated by the lawyers on Miracle on 34th St. But why am I in such a funk. I've watched Christmas show after Christmas show hoping to get in the mood. I've played the holiday CDs and watched the twinkling lights. But today has really gotten to me. I made the mistake of going to the mall. My intentions were there. Really they were. I wasn't even going for myself. Old Navy was having a sale and the scarves were only $1.00. So I had this thought. I was going to get fifty scarves and take them to the local homeless shelter. I knew it wasn't going to ever be enough but it was something. Of course they were all out. But what got me the most was the people. I didn't hear people laughing. I didn't see people smiling, just hustling and bustling and shoving. They wouldn't even let me out of the dang parking lot of the store. People blocking the entrance and not giving an inch. Geez. Can we like back it up a notch and have a do over. I've got to get out of this funk. My house isn't decorated the way it normally is. There are no Christmas smells of cookies and cake baking. There are no lights blinking and other than seeing Kyle from Living Single singing on a commercial for Marshalls and TJ Maxx I haven't gotten many laughs. And I broke a finger nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment