Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Battle of the Sexes

I'm not sure when it happened but it did. There has been a mixture of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Matrix and the Twilaght Zone. Over and over again the past couple of days I've encountered people who I had no idea what sex they were. Now, I don't mean sexual orientation, I mean, sex as in male-female, pe-we vs va-JJ. Twice today, once yesterday and I'm sue its happened before because if it hadn't it wouldn't have piqued my interest. People are beginning to look the same. There were no bumps on the chest to yell 'I'm a female.' There were not enough curves or they weren't flat enough to say 'I'm a guy,' either. The clothes are the same, jeans, basic shirts and jackets. No makeup, no facial expressions, no facial hair. The hair style was unisex as well and at least once the person spoke and the voice was flat and so monotone I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm married so I'm not looking, but how does one know who to approach and not get smacked or punched? What happens if you approach someone thinking you might be interested in them yet lo and behold its someone of the same sex and that was not what you were looking for. What do you do? Do you just say, "oh my bad," and call it a day. I don't know how this is going to affect my people watching and character sketches. I gather so much from just looking at people this is throwing me off. I'm afraid to ask, 'who are you and what pea pod did you hatch from but it may have to come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment