Monday, September 20, 2010

Well, what's a girl to do?

Well, I'm not really sleep recupped from the Authora After Dark con but I decided I really needed to get out there and do some walking. The Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure will be here in 3 weeks. Yikes! Where did the time go?

My sister and I set out on a five mile hike today at one of the local parks. It's a beautiful trail through the trees with a winding trial and bridges over the lakes. It turned into a power walk/run. That's what happens when you notice the sun is quickly going down, you are in the middle of this nature trail and if you don't kick it up a notch it will be pitch dark or at least dark enough that your imagination will definitely run rampant on you.

I had already started envisioning what type of serial killer or paranormal alien was lurking behind the trees. It didn't help that each time we passed a strange looking tree my sister made sure she noted what type of prehistoric creature it reminded her of or a second didn't go by when she didn't say, "so, what would you do if it got suddenly dark." She acturally thought we would sleep in the middle of the trail and wait for sunlight. Oh sure, like that was going to happen. Everyone knows my idea of camping is staying at a hotel that doesn't have cable. I asked her what were we supposed to do when one monster was charging from the trees.

I told her the only reason I'm camping at the Komen camp during the walk is because there will be another thousand people for the monster to think about eating. Her response to make my head swim, "What would you do if you woke up and noticed everyone in the camp had disappeared. Thanks sis. I needed that.

She mentioned something about running. The idea of running, sounded good but that wasn't a garentee the monsters wouldn't get me. Now the thought of tripping her, pointing and yelling, TAKE HER, she's leaner!!! sounds really good. Oh, did I think that out loud? My bad. Well, we made it out alive thank goodness. After all, I do have my 60 mile walk coming up.

Speaking of that walk. I had a minor surgical procedure on my left great toe last month. The doc promised me it would be like new before the walk. It better be. Actually, its feeling pretty good. When I went back for my followup appointment he said my toe healed like a 20 somethng toe. Cool. Now can someone please tell my 20 something toe to talk to the rest of my 49+1 body, because right now, this very second, my left hip hurts like the dickins. My left knee is throbbing. There is pain in the right shoulder, right elbow and upper mid back. The left hand hurts and neck. Hey, my right knee isn't hurting. I guess its saving itself for tomorrow.

You can look for me on television when the walk starts. The local DC news caster will announce "woman laughing hysterically hits the dirt" or even better, "bites the dust."

No comments:

Post a Comment