Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving according to Denise

This year's Thanksgiving is looking to be both exciting and bittersweet. My previously planned 4 person dinner has turned into a wonderfully blessed 20 some odd people. I'm so excited to have family here. You see, our family's matriarc is ill, so family members are coming in from MI, NJ, TN, and GA to fellowship and visit with her. We have a lot to be thankful for and on many occasions we forget to say the words. So here you go, I thank God for my family and friends. I decided to share with you my menu for the day. Wow, I can't wait.
Appetizers:
Hot artichoke spinach dip and veggie tray with dip
Dinner:
Turkey and dressing with gravy
Ham
Pot Roast with carrots
Candied yams
Potatoe Salad
Stringbeans
Greens
Mac and cheese
Squash casserole
Home made cranberry sauce
Rolls and cornbread
Dessert:
Sweet potatoe pie
7-up pound cake
Apple pie
Now the interesting thing, I had surgery on my wrist two weeks ago and has limited use of it at present time. LOL. Again, thank God for family. Every family is bringing something. Yeah! Now take a minute and give thanks for we never know when we won't be able to. And if you like, stop on by. After all, you are family!

No comments:

Post a Comment