Saturday, November 6, 2010

Woo hoo

What's a girl to do? Its been a couple of few days since I've been able to blog, but I have a great explanation. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the project done. There is so much on my plate, but it's a good fullness Like the kind you get after eating Thanksgiving dinner. Even though you know you should stop, take a breath, you still want a piece of pie. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I acturally went to the library today with good friends Felicia Mason and Cathy Welch. Got a good three hours in with the editing. We closed out the library and I was still in the writing mode so I came home, set up writing space at the dining room table (office still very distracting for some reason) and I got to writing. I found the perfect recipe. Lap top, glasses of wine. Yes I said, glasses. And R&B artist Jaheim on the Ipod speaker.
Between the mellow wine and his voice crooning me I finished the book. Woo Hoo!!! 7 hours later and the last edit was done. Now off to my beta reader and then the editor. Can I get a moment of silence please. At least a couple of seconds before I have to go to the next project. Red Sage edits are sitting in computer waiting for me and then edits from Sleeping Beauty with Parker Publishing. Did I say I was busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment