Saturday, February 26, 2011

A day in the life


Mimosas, cheese cake, books and friends equal a wonderfully blessed book signing day. There's nothing like starting the day with SEVAA at the Pembroke Mall book fair in Virginia Beach Virginia and then ending it at Iris' Art Studio in Poquoson, Virginia. Pembroke Mall was great. Terrific foot traffic. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Two hours just wasn't enough time. When I got to Iris' I was greeted with warm hugs and well wishes. The studio was set up with chairs scattered about. A table was set to the side with delectable morsels of food. Really, really grand homemade cheese cake, real home made biscuits with ham, and raspberry tarts to name a few. There was a pitcher of my favorite all time beverage. Mimosas. And hey, I can't forget the wine and sparkling cider. The crowd, while not really large in number was hugh in warm and friendship. We laughed. I read excepts from Masquerade and we talked about writing, publishing and the muse and how it plays a part in our stories and getting the job done. If anyone asked me if I could change anything about today, I would have to say no, it was perfect. Thanks SEVAA and Iris for helping me get my name out there. See you again, real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment